Dec 3, -- The Spanish edition of the People's Daily, the newspaper of the Communist Party of China, chose the Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt as the most outstanding athlete of 2013 in Latin America and the Caribbean, according to the Cuban Prensa Latina news agency.
The charismatic Bolt won 3 gold medals in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay at the World Championships held in Moscow.
Other highlights of Latin America in the Asian survey were the Dominican Robinson Canó (Baseball), the Cuban Julio Cesar La Cruz (Boxing), the Argentinean Lionel Messi (Soccer), Colombia's Oscar Figueroa (Weightlifting) and the Cuban Glennis Hernández (Taekwondo).
Meanwhile, the Jamaican 4x100 meters men's relay gold at the World Championships in Moscow, and the Brazilian women's team, winner of the Volleyball Grand Prix, were selected in the category of Best Teams.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3562
- online: 196
- total: 3856386