Villa Clara, Santiago de Cuba, Holguin and Ciego de Ávila completed swept in their most recent commitments to be consolidated in the so-called Classification Zone of the 53rd Cuban Baseball Series.
On Friday, Los Naranjas of Villa Clara beat Last Tunas by a score of 4-0 Las Avispas of Santiago de Cuba 11-8 to Guantánamo, Los Tigres of Ciego de Ávila 6-2 to Granma, and Los Sabuesos of Holguin 6-0 to battered Sancti Spiritus, banished to the last seat of the Standings.
Meanwhile, Matanzas and Camagüey avoided the broom after winning in extremis 10-7 and 8-5, respectively, to Cienfuegos and Artemisa, while Pinar del Río dominated with the particular subset with a tight 5-4 victory over Mayabeque in 14 innings, and Isla de la Juventud squeezed past Industriales by a score of 8-7.
The next confrontations will cover Industriales-Artemisa, Mayabeque-Isla de la Juventud, Havana-Matanzas, Ciego de Avila-Cienfuegos, Pinar del Rio-Las Tunas, Granma-Sancti Spiritus, Guantánamo-Holguín, and the classical Villa Clara-Santiago de Cuba.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3611
- online: 204
- total: 4099566