Sept 25, – Renowned Cuban wrestler Mijáin López stated to the local television from Pinar del Río province the fact that he aspires to defend his titles at the Sumer Games in Brazil in 2016.
“If my injuries do not force me to abandon, then I will be ready with a proper competitive strategy and my own effort for the Olympic Games to be held in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.” Mijáin López stated.
The many times medalist and Olympic champion from Beijing 2008 stated that the title achieved by him in London in 2012 was a hard-fought achievement, as well as the fact that he was sure about the possibility to achieve that gold medal again after having defeated wrestler Riza Kayaalp from Turkey in the semifinals.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 16
- The Cuban government announces plan to capture foreign currencies and stimulate national industrial production
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Roy Brown: Puerto Rico is neither free nor a US State
- Cuban and foreign experts debate new trends and achievements in physical medicine and rehab
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 18
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3983
- today: 1442
- online: 148
- total: 6491773