Sept 25, – Renowned Cuban wrestler Mijáin López stated to the local television from Pinar del Río province the fact that he aspires to defend his titles at the Sumer Games in Brazil in 2016.
“If my injuries do not force me to abandon, then I will be ready with a proper competitive strategy and my own effort for the Olympic Games to be held in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.” Mijáin López stated.
The many times medalist and Olympic champion from Beijing 2008 stated that the title achieved by him in London in 2012 was a hard-fought achievement, as well as the fact that he was sure about the possibility to achieve that gold medal again after having defeated wrestler Riza Kayaalp from Turkey in the semifinals.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1659
- online: 173
- total: 6779300