Oct 3, – Fresh from their experience at a Cayman versus Cuba event, Tafari Ebanks and Kendall Ebanks have been sponsored by Elite Marble and Granite to go and train in Cuba with the Cuban Olympic boxers.
Over the weekend, while in Cuba, the pair participated in a Cuban competition at The Universidad De Las Ciencias. Tafari, fighting Leodai Nunez Martinez, won his fight by unanimous decision. Kendall lost by a split decision to another high quality opponent by just one point.
Both boxers received medals and certificates. They have one more competition in Cuba, next weekend, before they wrap up their training there, and return to Cayman on Oct. 6. This will ensure that their training is at their optimum as the Cayman Islands Olympic Committee is sending both boxers to compete in the World Championships in Khazakstan, the following week.
The international competition will be a significant test for Kendall and Tafari, allowing them to compete against more top-level amateur fighters. /Source: CayCompass.com
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- A pause in the fight over BREXIT
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 1110
- online: 115
- total: 6373153