Lima, July 16 (RHC)-- Ecuador was nominated 31 times in 22 categories for the 2016 World Travel Awards and won 8 of them, during a ceremony that took place in Lima, Peru.
Ecuador was judged to be the Greenest Destination in South America, with Finch Bay Eco Hotel the Leading Green Hotel for 2016, located about 16 miles from Galapagos National Park.
The capital Quito won the award for South American Leading Destination, with its international airport Mariscal Sucre awarded the region's leading airport. For business travelers, the judges recommended the coastal city of Guayaquil as the best travel destination in the world.
- U.S. Congressional Delegation Visits Cuba
- Havana to Host 20th Habanos Festival
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Esperanto Congress wraps up in Havana
- Perucho lives in the soul of the Cuban nation
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3857
- today: 4150
- online: 162
- total: 4356433