Lima, July 16 (RHC)-- Ecuador was nominated 31 times in 22 categories for the 2016 World Travel Awards and won 8 of them, during a ceremony that took place in Lima, Peru.
Ecuador was judged to be the Greenest Destination in South America, with Finch Bay Eco Hotel the Leading Green Hotel for 2016, located about 16 miles from Galapagos National Park.
The capital Quito won the award for South American Leading Destination, with its international airport Mariscal Sucre awarded the region's leading airport. For business travelers, the judges recommended the coastal city of Guayaquil as the best travel destination in the world.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 2832
- online: 170
- total: 7384275