Holguin, November 9 (RHC-ACN)-- Holguin has welcomed over 200 thousand visitors in 2017, representing 12 percent more compared to the same period in 2016.
Maikel Robelt, sales representative of the Tourism Ministry told ACN that the high number of vacationers is due to the growing acceptance of the destination in the eastern part of the island with potential not only in the sun and beach modality, but also nature, adventure and city tourism.
He pointed out that Canada is the main market, followed by Britain, Germany and Italy, which continue to grow substantially.
Germany’s case, the working relationship was strengthened during the 27th International Tourism Fair held in the northern coast of Holguin dedicated to that European country.
Holguin has five thousand 400 rooms, mainly distributed in four and five star installations located in Pesquero, Esmeralda and Guardalavaca beaches where the Hotel Albatros of the Iberostar Chain is currently under construction.
A weekly average of 80 flights from 20 companies fly to the Frank Pais Garcia International Airport mainly from Canada, Britain and Germany with additions to regular commercial flights from the United States and Cuba.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3883
- today: 1786
- online: 122
- total: 5244101