Holguin, November 9 (RHC-ACN)-- Holguin has welcomed over 200 thousand visitors in 2017, representing 12 percent more compared to the same period in 2016.
Maikel Robelt, sales representative of the Tourism Ministry told ACN that the high number of vacationers is due to the growing acceptance of the destination in the eastern part of the island with potential not only in the sun and beach modality, but also nature, adventure and city tourism.
He pointed out that Canada is the main market, followed by Britain, Germany and Italy, which continue to grow substantially.
Germany’s case, the working relationship was strengthened during the 27th International Tourism Fair held in the northern coast of Holguin dedicated to that European country.
Holguin has five thousand 400 rooms, mainly distributed in four and five star installations located in Pesquero, Esmeralda and Guardalavaca beaches where the Hotel Albatros of the Iberostar Chain is currently under construction.
A weekly average of 80 flights from 20 companies fly to the Frank Pais Garcia International Airport mainly from Canada, Britain and Germany with additions to regular commercial flights from the United States and Cuba.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 2732
- online: 153
- total: 6063810