Ottawa, August 27 (RHC)-- Cuba ranks among the top destinations for Canadian travelers in the first quarter of 2019, according to data released by a Canadian federal statistical agency.
The most common non-U.S. destinations were Mexico (the most popular), the Dominican Republic and China, Statistics Canada noted, commenting that despite this there was a downward trend in domestic travel both inside and outside the country.
The slight decline in the value of the Canadian dollar may have contributed to a decrease in visits to other parts of the world, the agency's report suggested.
Statistics show that Canadians made approximately 54.2 million trips between January and March without crossing the border, as well as six million to the United States and 3.3 million to other destinations.
About 57 percent of all travel outside Canada was for pleasure, the report said.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3543
- today: 3163
- online: 136
- total: 6394464