Varadero, December 14 (RHC)-- Cuba’s famous Varadero beach resort will have 1,000 more rooms by 2020, once construction of two new hotels in the Oasis and Los Tainos areas is completed, Ivis Fernandez, delegate of the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) in Matanzas, has said.
At present, the resort has more than 22,000 rooms distributed in 52 hotels, mostly high-standard hotels, hosting clients from 72 nations. Surveys reveal high levels of satisfaction among visitors to Varadero –considered the world’s second best tourist-friendly mega-resort.
Fernandez explained that Varadero will host the International Tourism Fair (FitCuba)in 2020.
The Cuban resort welcomed 1 800 000 visitors in 2019, including 1.5 million foreigners, despite the measures imposed by the U.S. government, targeting the Cuban tourism sector.
Canada continues to be the main source of tourists to Cuba and specially to Varadero, with 80 percent of air operations through the Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport. The number of Russian visitors has also grown considerably, followed in that order by Germany, France, Mexico, Chile and Spain.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6766
- today: 3460
- online: 242
- total: 8095354