Baltimore, July 18 (RHC)-- Hundreds of Americans have held fresh Black Lives Matter demonstrations in protest at the deaths of two Black people at the hands of police.
Alton Sterling, 37, was fatally shot by police in the southeastern city of Baton Rouge on July 5, and another African American, 32-year-old Philando Castile, was shot dead the next day by a white police officer near St. Paul, Minnesota.
Over the weekend, protesters again poured into the streets of U.S. cities, including Miami, Chicago, Detroit, New York and Baltimore. In Maryland, more than 20 people were arrested in a march that blocked Interstate 83 just north of downtown Baltimore.
The "Afromation" march began in the northern suburbs of Baltimore and worked it's way toward the entrance ramp to the interstate highway. Once on Interstate 83, the protesters locked arms and blocked traffic along the northbound lanes for a short period of time before officers arrived and began making arrests.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 07, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5999
- today: 4114
- online: 230
- total: 8280944