La Paz, October 4 (RHC)-- The president of Bolivia's Chamber of Deputies, Betty Tejada, said she will meet with the Ethics Committee to review proceedings against two legislators who have been involved in drug trafficking.
She said that in the meeting with the Ethics Committee they will find the way to deal with legislators Donato Callisaya and Samuel Pamuri, who were involved along Lebanese George Chafic Habchi, in drug trafficking. Chafic Habchi was arrested last weekend while attempting to take drugs to Africa.
Authorities confiscated 392 kilograms of cocaine being carried by the Lebanese citizen, who had relations with the two Bolivian legislators, who said they were innocent.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 1220
- online: 115
- total: 4839664