La Paz, October 4 (RHC)-- The president of Bolivia's Chamber of Deputies, Betty Tejada, said she will meet with the Ethics Committee to review proceedings against two legislators who have been involved in drug trafficking.
She said that in the meeting with the Ethics Committee they will find the way to deal with legislators Donato Callisaya and Samuel Pamuri, who were involved along Lebanese George Chafic Habchi, in drug trafficking. Chafic Habchi was arrested last weekend while attempting to take drugs to Africa.
Authorities confiscated 392 kilograms of cocaine being carried by the Lebanese citizen, who had relations with the two Bolivian legislators, who said they were innocent.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 2606
- online: 141
- total: 4372931