Washington, October 4 (RHC)-- A woman who was with her child has been shot dead in her car after she tried to ram barricades outside of the White House near the U.S. Capitol. According to reports from ABC News, a traffic accident related to the shooting also led to the injury of a police officer.
The incident reportedly put government buildings on Capitol Hill on lock-down and members of Congress were sheltered in their offices. Law-enforcement officials said the incident occurred when a car slammed into posts that prevent vehicles from getting close to the White House. The car drove away quickly, and police officers began the chase. One eye-witness said several police cars chased the black sedan at high speeds through the streets of Washington toward the Capitol.
The child who was found in the woman's car was said to be unhurt. U.S. President Barack Obama was briefed on the situation that happened on the third day of a government shutdown. Police officials said that the shooting was an "isolated incident" and there is "no information that the action was related to terrorism."
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4903
- today: 1071
- online: 150
- total: 3862835