Washington, August 4 (RHC)-- Thirty-six senators, including Democratic vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine, are pushing to add $320 million for Israeli missile defense to next year’s defense appropriations bill on Capitol Hill. That’s in addition to the $3 billion a year in military funding the U.S. currently gives Israel.
The proposed increase includes more purchases of Iron Dome systems, designed to intercept missiles fired toward Israel from Palestine. President Obama has threatened to veto legislation with that level of funding for the program.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 849
- online: 199
- total: 4101045