Washington, August 4 (RHC)-- Thirty-six senators, including Democratic vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine, are pushing to add $320 million for Israeli missile defense to next year’s defense appropriations bill on Capitol Hill. That’s in addition to the $3 billion a year in military funding the U.S. currently gives Israel.
The proposed increase includes more purchases of Iron Dome systems, designed to intercept missiles fired toward Israel from Palestine. President Obama has threatened to veto legislation with that level of funding for the program.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 1963
- online: 193
- total: 6763033