Washington, August 4 (RHC)-- Thirty-six senators, including Democratic vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine, are pushing to add $320 million for Israeli missile defense to next year’s defense appropriations bill on Capitol Hill. That’s in addition to the $3 billion a year in military funding the U.S. currently gives Israel.
The proposed increase includes more purchases of Iron Dome systems, designed to intercept missiles fired toward Israel from Palestine. President Obama has threatened to veto legislation with that level of funding for the program.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11159
- today: 6573
- online: 308
- total: 7048103