La Paz, August 16 (RCH/TELESUR)--Bolivia’s Minister of the Presidency, Juan Ramon Quintana has accused the opposition and sectors of the national media of plotting to "destabilize" the government, saying that the country was going through a "war of lies."
In a strongly worded interview on the program "The People" on the state radio channel, during which he promoted his book "Bolivia Leaks," Minister Quintana called leaders of the opposition ''lackeys and buffoons'' who campaign to "destroy" the country seeking to receive funding from the United States.
"These gentlemen of this cartel of lies,” said the minister in reference to the opposition, “are commissioned to feed a program of destabilization that points to the U.S. government."
The Evo Morales administration recently questioned meetings between the U.S. Charge d'Affaires in Bolivia and leaders of the right-wing opposition.
- Bruno Rodriguez: it is imperative that states refrain from excerpting pressure on others, in violation of international law
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Mass protests in Puerto Rico in demand of Governor Ricardo Rosselló’s resignation
- Race for Nelson Mandela in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3260
- today: 3622
- online: 131
- total: 6162391