La Paz, August 16 (RCH/TELESUR)--Bolivia’s Minister of the Presidency, Juan Ramon Quintana has accused the opposition and sectors of the national media of plotting to "destabilize" the government, saying that the country was going through a "war of lies."
In a strongly worded interview on the program "The People" on the state radio channel, during which he promoted his book "Bolivia Leaks," Minister Quintana called leaders of the opposition ''lackeys and buffoons'' who campaign to "destroy" the country seeking to receive funding from the United States.
"These gentlemen of this cartel of lies,” said the minister in reference to the opposition, “are commissioned to feed a program of destabilization that points to the U.S. government."
The Evo Morales administration recently questioned meetings between the U.S. Charge d'Affaires in Bolivia and leaders of the right-wing opposition.
- Jazz Place
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: No one is going to take from us the confidence in the future which we owe our children
- Imperialism and Revolution / Program 8
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba works toward perfecting its political system
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 9
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3423
- today: 2466
- online: 147
- total: 6480792