La Paz, August 16 (RCH/TELESUR)--Bolivia’s Minister of the Presidency, Juan Ramon Quintana has accused the opposition and sectors of the national media of plotting to "destabilize" the government, saying that the country was going through a "war of lies."
In a strongly worded interview on the program "The People" on the state radio channel, during which he promoted his book "Bolivia Leaks," Minister Quintana called leaders of the opposition ''lackeys and buffoons'' who campaign to "destroy" the country seeking to receive funding from the United States.
"These gentlemen of this cartel of lies,” said the minister in reference to the opposition, “are commissioned to feed a program of destabilization that points to the U.S. government."
The Evo Morales administration recently questioned meetings between the U.S. Charge d'Affaires in Bolivia and leaders of the right-wing opposition.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3210
- today: 3058
- online: 124
- total: 5943562