Rome, August 25 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll continues to rise from a devastating 6.2-magnitude earthquake. At least 247 people had been confirmed dead by mid-day Thursday. Dozens more people are still missing, as search and rescue teams are using everything from bulldozers to bare hands to scour the rubble for bodies and survivors.
The earthquake struck central Italy early Wednesday morning. Homes, churches, stores and even a hotel collapsed as people were sleeping.
The Italian earthquake came as a 6.8-magnitude earthquake also struck Burma on Wednesday, killing at least three people.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 2617
- online: 119
- total: 6063695