Rome, August 25 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll continues to rise from a devastating 6.2-magnitude earthquake. At least 247 people had been confirmed dead by mid-day Thursday. Dozens more people are still missing, as search and rescue teams are using everything from bulldozers to bare hands to scour the rubble for bodies and survivors.
The earthquake struck central Italy early Wednesday morning. Homes, churches, stores and even a hotel collapsed as people were sleeping.
The Italian earthquake came as a 6.8-magnitude earthquake also struck Burma on Wednesday, killing at least three people.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 4206
- online: 198
- total: 3833353