Rome, August 25 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll continues to rise from a devastating 6.2-magnitude earthquake. At least 247 people had been confirmed dead by mid-day Thursday. Dozens more people are still missing, as search and rescue teams are using everything from bulldozers to bare hands to scour the rubble for bodies and survivors.
The earthquake struck central Italy early Wednesday morning. Homes, churches, stores and even a hotel collapsed as people were sleeping.
The Italian earthquake came as a 6.8-magnitude earthquake also struck Burma on Wednesday, killing at least three people.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 1175
- online: 119
- total: 5552291