Rome, August 25 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll continues to rise from a devastating 6.2-magnitude earthquake. At least 247 people had been confirmed dead by mid-day Thursday. Dozens more people are still missing, as search and rescue teams are using everything from bulldozers to bare hands to scour the rubble for bodies and survivors.
The earthquake struck central Italy early Wednesday morning. Homes, churches, stores and even a hotel collapsed as people were sleeping.
The Italian earthquake came as a 6.8-magnitude earthquake also struck Burma on Wednesday, killing at least three people.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 4716
- online: 236
- total: 6765786