Rome, August 25 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll continues to rise from a devastating 6.2-magnitude earthquake. At least 247 people had been confirmed dead by mid-day Thursday. Dozens more people are still missing, as search and rescue teams are using everything from bulldozers to bare hands to scour the rubble for bodies and survivors.
The earthquake struck central Italy early Wednesday morning. Homes, churches, stores and even a hotel collapsed as people were sleeping.
The Italian earthquake came as a 6.8-magnitude earthquake also struck Burma on Wednesday, killing at least three people.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 1038
- online: 170
- total: 4083761