Rome, August 26 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll from Wednesday’s 6.2-magnitude earthquake continues to rise. At least 250 people have now been confirmed dead, as rescue crews continue to search through the rubble for additional bodies.
In need of food and shelter, more than 2,000 Italians are taking refuge in makeshift camps after this week's powerful earthquake.
Camps set up by volunteers are spread throughout the mountain region where the earthquake hit. Local residents say they will stay there for a few days before heading back towards Rome to family and friends.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2318
- today: 1100
- online: 111
- total: 5867821