Rome, August 26 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll from Wednesday’s 6.2-magnitude earthquake continues to rise. At least 250 people have now been confirmed dead, as rescue crews continue to search through the rubble for additional bodies.
In need of food and shelter, more than 2,000 Italians are taking refuge in makeshift camps after this week's powerful earthquake.
Camps set up by volunteers are spread throughout the mountain region where the earthquake hit. Local residents say they will stay there for a few days before heading back towards Rome to family and friends.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 674
- online: 212
- total: 6766492