Rome, August 26 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll from Wednesday’s 6.2-magnitude earthquake continues to rise. At least 250 people have now been confirmed dead, as rescue crews continue to search through the rubble for additional bodies.
In need of food and shelter, more than 2,000 Italians are taking refuge in makeshift camps after this week's powerful earthquake.
Camps set up by volunteers are spread throughout the mountain region where the earthquake hit. Local residents say they will stay there for a few days before heading back towards Rome to family and friends.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 2167
- online: 124
- total: 5251503