Rome, August 26 (RHC)-- In Italy, the death toll from Wednesday’s 6.2-magnitude earthquake continues to rise. At least 250 people have now been confirmed dead, as rescue crews continue to search through the rubble for additional bodies.
In need of food and shelter, more than 2,000 Italians are taking refuge in makeshift camps after this week's powerful earthquake.
Camps set up by volunteers are spread throughout the mountain region where the earthquake hit. Local residents say they will stay there for a few days before heading back towards Rome to family and friends.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3486
- today: 223
- online: 132
- total: 5653714