Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Tel Aviv, September 14 (RHC)-- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has sparked outrage by calling Palestinian opposition to Israeli-only settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories a version of "ethnic cleansing."
The Israeli prime minister said: "The Palestinian leadership actually demands a Palestinian state with one precondition: no Jews. There's a phrase for that. It's called ethnic cleansing."
In fact, Palestinian leaders have said that Jews -- as well as members of any other religion --could indeed be citizens in a future Palestinian state. Palestinians have long opposed, however, the Israeli-only enclaves that currently dot the Israeli-occupied West Bank.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3853
- online: 149
- total: 4104049