Bogota, September 25 (RHC)-- Artists from around the world have joined a social media campaign in support of the peace agreement in Colombia that will be signed on Monday between the government of Juan Manuel Santos and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia.
Actors and singers from Colombia, Ecuador and Spain posted photos of the peace symbol drawn on their hands. The international campaign used the hashtag #Peace4Colombia and hundreds of people have already posted their own photos as a sign of support for the peace deal.
Among the artist were Colombian actor John Leguizamo and singers Juanes and Liliana Saumet, from the band Bomba Estereo, the Spanish singers Joaquin Sabina and Miguel Bose and the Ecuadorian singer Juan Fernando Velasco.
Meanwhile, the FARC-EP rebel group has begun to move its units toward the areas of demobilization agreed upon in Havana with the Colombian government, where they will gather and turn over their weapons.
According to the agreement, the group must hand in all of its weapons 180 days after the signing of the peace accord on Monday, September 26 in Cartagena de Indias.
The guerrilla group has also reached an agreement to transition into a political force and participate in any electoral process in the country.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6548
- today: 6647
- online: 220
- total: 8033505