Paris, October 28 (RHC)-- In Calais, France, aid workers say dozens of children were left without shelter for a second consecutive night, after authorities lured them from the ruins of their refugee camp, known as "The Jungle," with false promises of help.
French authorities told the unaccompanied minors to line up for buses that would carry them to new refugee centers, where they could apply for asylum or reunification with families in the U.K.
But the teenagers were literally left out in the cold when the buses failed to materialize and riot police prevented them from re-entering the camp.
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3685
- today: 3280
- online: 133
- total: 4608085