Beijing, Oct 5 (RHC-PL) U.S. aircraft carrier USS George Washington arrived in the South Korean port city of Busan on Friday in preparation for joint exercises with Seoul and Tokyo next week.
The USS George Washington will stay for four days in Busan, 450 kilometers from Seoul, before carrying out the planned joint military exercises in waters off the southern coast of the Korean Peninsula, the South Korean Yonhap news agency reported.
According to the report, the trilateral exercises are aimed to enhance maritime maneuvers and research and rescue operations, and will last for three days starting Oct. 8.
The 97,000 ton nuclear-powered super-carrier entered Busan along with guided-missile cruiser USS Antietam CG-54 and guided-missile destroyer USS Preble DDG 88, all part of the U.S. 7th Fleet, to be deployed in Japan.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 3398
- online: 103
- total: 4830184