San Salvador, January 14 (RHC)-- The presidential candidate of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front (FMLN), Salvador Sanchez Ceren, remains at the forefront of the electoral race in El Salvador, with 49 percent of voting intention, according to the latest survey by CID-Gallup pollster.
The survey results were published Monday by national media and Sanchez Ceren was placed in the preferential spot with 49 percent of the voters' intention, followed by Norman Quijano from the ARENA party, with 37 percent. Meanwhile, Antonio Saca of the UNITY movement fell to third place with 14 percent.
In the coming elections of February 2nd, Salvadoran voters will elect the president and vice president for the 2014-2019 term. In order to win, a candidate must secure over 50 percent of the vote, otherwise the two finalists will undergo a second round scheduled for March 9th.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2205
- online: 216
- total: 3836175