Washington, November 16 (RHC)-- The notorious Ku Klux Klan and the American Nazi Party have praised U.S. President-elect Donald Trump over appointing a white supremacist to a top position in the White House.
Stephen Bannon, his campaign chairman and former head of the right-wing Breitbart News website, was appointed by the property tycoon as chief strategist and senior counselor to the president.
While it has outraged many Democrats, the appointment is drawing praise from white nationalists. "Perhaps the Donald is for real," Rocky Suhayda, the chairman of the American Nazi Party, told CNN. And the appointment was also described as an "excellent" one by former KKK leader David Duke.
As Duke endorsed Trump in the run-up to the 2016 presidential election, the New York billionaire initially said he does not know him but ultimately disavowed him days later.
The president of the white nationalist National Policy Institute, Richard Spencer, also indicated that Bannon would "push Trump in the right direction," adding: "That would be a wonderful thing."
According to the author of the white nationalist website Occidental Dissent, Bannon "will hold Trump to the promises he has already made during the campaign." Spencer added: "We endorse many of those promises like building the wall, deportations, ending refugee resettlement and preserving the Second Amendment."
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2630
- today: 441
- online: 97
- total: 5864844