Vatican, November 26 (RHC)-- Pope Francis said the death of Fidel Castro is 'sad news' and promised to pray for the eternal rest of the Cuban revolutionary leader.
The Vatican bishop sent President Raúl Castro a message of condolences, expressing deep sorrow, as well as his support for Fidel's family, the Cuban government and people for the loss of the Cuban leader.
The Holy Father further advised the Cuban people that in sad times, like this, they should seek comfort in the Virgin of Charity of El Cobre -- Cuba's Patron Saint.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2455
- online: 128
- total: 5240887