Vatican, November 26 (RHC)-- Pope Francis said the death of Fidel Castro is 'sad news' and promised to pray for the eternal rest of the Cuban revolutionary leader.
The Vatican bishop sent President Raúl Castro a message of condolences, expressing deep sorrow, as well as his support for Fidel's family, the Cuban government and people for the loss of the Cuban leader.
The Holy Father further advised the Cuban people that in sad times, like this, they should seek comfort in the Virgin of Charity of El Cobre -- Cuba's Patron Saint.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3208
- today: 627
- online: 34
- total: 5428046