Vatican, November 26 (RHC)-- Pope Francis said the death of Fidel Castro is 'sad news' and promised to pray for the eternal rest of the Cuban revolutionary leader.
The Vatican bishop sent President Raúl Castro a message of condolences, expressing deep sorrow, as well as his support for Fidel's family, the Cuban government and people for the loss of the Cuban leader.
The Holy Father further advised the Cuban people that in sad times, like this, they should seek comfort in the Virgin of Charity of El Cobre -- Cuba's Patron Saint.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3520
- today: 1774
- online: 137
- total: 5645921