Panama City, December 1 (RHC)-- Ambassadors of the member nations of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our Americas (ALBA) accredited in Panama, paid homage to Fidel Castro at the monument to Cuban National Hero José Martí in Panama City.
The ceremony was attended by dozens of diplomats from the ALBA states, Panamanians and Cuban residents in Panama, who placed wreaths in honor of both Martí and Fidel.
The President of the José Martí Studies Center at the University of Panama Miguel Ángel Candanedo, addressed those present. He said the Panamanian people will always be grateful to Cuba and leader Fidel Castro for their support during the U.S. invasion of Panama in 1989.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 1220
- online: 120
- total: 4839664