Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Margaret Chan sent a message of condolences to Cuban President Raúl Castro in the wake of Friday's passing of the historic leader of the Cuban revolution Fidel Castro.
In the message, Margaret Chan praised the huge legacy of the Cuban revolutionary leader in the sector, particularly Cuba's extraordinary achievements in public health, science and biotechnology.
The WHO official recalled her first meeting with the Cuban leader in 2009, when, based on Cuba's experiences, Fidel offered to work jointly with the world body in assisting people with disabilities anywhere in the world.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 49
- online: 49
- total: 4462535