Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Margaret Chan sent a message of condolences to Cuban President Raúl Castro in the wake of Friday's passing of the historic leader of the Cuban revolution Fidel Castro.
In the message, Margaret Chan praised the huge legacy of the Cuban revolutionary leader in the sector, particularly Cuba's extraordinary achievements in public health, science and biotechnology.
The WHO official recalled her first meeting with the Cuban leader in 2009, when, based on Cuba's experiences, Fidel offered to work jointly with the world body in assisting people with disabilities anywhere in the world.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4363
- today: 3547
- online: 223
- total: 4095110