Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Margaret Chan sent a message of condolences to Cuban President Raúl Castro in the wake of Friday's passing of the historic leader of the Cuban revolution Fidel Castro.
In the message, Margaret Chan praised the huge legacy of the Cuban revolutionary leader in the sector, particularly Cuba's extraordinary achievements in public health, science and biotechnology.
The WHO official recalled her first meeting with the Cuban leader in 2009, when, based on Cuba's experiences, Fidel offered to work jointly with the world body in assisting people with disabilities anywhere in the world.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 899
- online: 103
- total: 5045237