Baghdad, January 17 (RHC)-- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has appealed for international support amid spiraling violence and a fight with militants.
Maliki said he will need the world’s help in a long campaign against Sunni fighters, particularly the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, an al-Qaeda group.
Maliki’s warning came as 86 people were killed in attacks in Baghdad, Baquba and Mosul. Maliki has ruled out reconciliation talks and is pursuing an offensive against Sunni militants who have captured parts of Fallujah and Ramadi.
- U.S. Congressional Delegation Visits Cuba
- Havana to Host 20th Habanos Festival
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Esperanto Congress wraps up in Havana
- Perucho lives in the soul of the Cuban nation
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3857
- today: 4464
- online: 147
- total: 4356747