Bogota, December 17 (RHC-PL)-- Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos thanked Pope Francis Friday for his support to the peace process and his willingness to mediate between himself and ex-President Alvaro Uribe, a fierce opponent the recent agreement with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC-EP).
I thanked His Holiness for all his supportive gestures to these procedures and for having accepted to facilitate a meeting (in the Vatican) with Uribe, said the president in statements published by the station BluRadio.
The meeting, organized by the Supreme Pontiff, served to ease the tension and the relations between the current Colombian president and Senator Uribe, who have been distanced for his disagreement with the accord with the guerrilla movement, the most important in the country.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1272
- online: 137
- total: 4221838