Bogota, December 17 (RHC-PL)-- Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos thanked Pope Francis Friday for his support to the peace process and his willingness to mediate between himself and ex-President Alvaro Uribe, a fierce opponent the recent agreement with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC-EP).
I thanked His Holiness for all his supportive gestures to these procedures and for having accepted to facilitate a meeting (in the Vatican) with Uribe, said the president in statements published by the station BluRadio.
The meeting, organized by the Supreme Pontiff, served to ease the tension and the relations between the current Colombian president and Senator Uribe, who have been distanced for his disagreement with the accord with the guerrilla movement, the most important in the country.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4903
- today: 1071
- online: 148
- total: 3862835