Berlin, December 23 (RHC)-- Police in Milan, Italy, say they have shot and killed Anis Amri, the main suspect in an attack on a market in Berlin earlier this week.
Police say Amri opened fire on officers after he was asked to show his ID during a routine traffic stop. They say one officer was wounded in the shoulder before another officer shot and killed Amri.
The 24-year-old Tunisian was accused of hijacking a truck, killing its driver and then ramming it into a crowded Christmas market on Monday in an attack that left 11 more people dead and dozens wounded.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 3100
- online: 147
- total: 4934873