Damascus, December 28 (RHC)-- Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has been hit by two mortar shells. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that an inner yard of the embassy complex had been hit by a shell, while another shell fell near the diplomatic mission.
The Russian foreign ministry said the incident amounted to a provocation aimed at derailing the settlement of peace in Syria.
Moscow has been directly engaged in an anti-terror campaign in Syria since September 2015, based on a request from the Damascus government.
According to analysts, the campaign has largely been successful in helping Syrian government forces dislodge foreign-sponsored terrorists from many regions across the country.
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 24, 2017)
- Authorities of Minnesota Express Support for Cuba in Face of Trump's Anti-Cuba Rhetoric
- United Nations Population Fund Calls Cuba a Benchmark in Latin American Education
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show (June 23, 2017)
- Brexit: A Deal with an Uncertain Future
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 21, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3879
- today: 920
- online: 186
- total: 3324359