Damascus, December 28 (RHC)-- Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has been hit by two mortar shells. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that an inner yard of the embassy complex had been hit by a shell, while another shell fell near the diplomatic mission.
The Russian foreign ministry said the incident amounted to a provocation aimed at derailing the settlement of peace in Syria.
Moscow has been directly engaged in an anti-terror campaign in Syria since September 2015, based on a request from the Damascus government.
According to analysts, the campaign has largely been successful in helping Syrian government forces dislodge foreign-sponsored terrorists from many regions across the country.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- REASON AGAINST HATRED
- Cuban Association of United Nations Pays Tribute to Fidel
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Senior Journalist Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro Awarded Cuba's National Radio Prize
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3260
- today: 3907
- online: 195
- total: 3552260