Damascus, December 28 (RHC)-- Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has been hit by two mortar shells. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that an inner yard of the embassy complex had been hit by a shell, while another shell fell near the diplomatic mission.
The Russian foreign ministry said the incident amounted to a provocation aimed at derailing the settlement of peace in Syria.
Moscow has been directly engaged in an anti-terror campaign in Syria since September 2015, based on a request from the Damascus government.
According to analysts, the campaign has largely been successful in helping Syrian government forces dislodge foreign-sponsored terrorists from many regions across the country.
- RHC's Weekly Feature 'The Real Story'
- The Non-Stop War against Venezuela
- Cuban Foreign Ministry Confirms Failure of Latest Provocation
- RHC's Mailbag Show (February 22, 2016)
- Cuba Determined to Expand Electricity Generation from Renewable Sources
- RHC's Arts Roundup (February 22, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4784
- today: 4035
- online: 211
- total: 2786673