Damascus, December 28 (RHC)-- Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has been hit by two mortar shells. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that an inner yard of the embassy complex had been hit by a shell, while another shell fell near the diplomatic mission.
The Russian foreign ministry said the incident amounted to a provocation aimed at derailing the settlement of peace in Syria.
Moscow has been directly engaged in an anti-terror campaign in Syria since September 2015, based on a request from the Damascus government.
According to analysts, the campaign has largely been successful in helping Syrian government forces dislodge foreign-sponsored terrorists from many regions across the country.
- UN Pledges Support for Cuba on Sustainable Water Management
- RHC's Arts Roundup (March 22, 2017)
- Cuba and Czech Republic Sign Cooperation Agreement in Agricultural Sector
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Leaders Express Solidarity with Peru
- President Raúl Castro Expresses Solidarity with Peru in Wake of Natural Disaster
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4286
- today: 2955
- online: 100
- total: 2929032