Damascus, December 28 (RHC)-- Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has been hit by two mortar shells. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that an inner yard of the embassy complex had been hit by a shell, while another shell fell near the diplomatic mission.
The Russian foreign ministry said the incident amounted to a provocation aimed at derailing the settlement of peace in Syria.
Moscow has been directly engaged in an anti-terror campaign in Syria since September 2015, based on a request from the Damascus government.
According to analysts, the campaign has largely been successful in helping Syrian government forces dislodge foreign-sponsored terrorists from many regions across the country.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2986
- online: 233
- total: 3859847