Damascus, December 28 (RHC)-- Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has been hit by two mortar shells. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that an inner yard of the embassy complex had been hit by a shell, while another shell fell near the diplomatic mission.
The Russian foreign ministry said the incident amounted to a provocation aimed at derailing the settlement of peace in Syria.
Moscow has been directly engaged in an anti-terror campaign in Syria since September 2015, based on a request from the Damascus government.
According to analysts, the campaign has largely been successful in helping Syrian government forces dislodge foreign-sponsored terrorists from many regions across the country.
- Minister for Foreign Affairs of Seychelles Underscores Cuba's Role in His Country's Development Model
- Embassy of The Seychelles Officially Opens in Havana
- RHC's Mailbag Show (April 26, 2017)
- RHC's Arts Roundup (April 26, 2017)
- President of Seychelles Opens His Country's Embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report (April 24, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4563
- today: 1691
- online: 197
- total: 3083518