Damascus, December 28 (RHC)-- Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has been hit by two mortar shells. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that an inner yard of the embassy complex had been hit by a shell, while another shell fell near the diplomatic mission.
The Russian foreign ministry said the incident amounted to a provocation aimed at derailing the settlement of peace in Syria.
Moscow has been directly engaged in an anti-terror campaign in Syria since September 2015, based on a request from the Damascus government.
According to analysts, the campaign has largely been successful in helping Syrian government forces dislodge foreign-sponsored terrorists from many regions across the country.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 4741
- online: 239
- total: 8089869