Winston-Salem, January 6 (RHC)-- In the U.S. city of Rolesville, North Carolina, a police officer has been placed on administrative leave after a viral video showed him picking up a high school student and slamming her into the floor.
Fifteen-year-old Jasmine Darwin, who is African-American, said she was trying to break up a fight between her sister and another student when the officer grabbed her, lifted her high into the air and slammed her on her side into concrete. Darwin’s mother said the incident left her daughter with a concussion.
The video prompted widespread calls on social media for the officer, Ruben De Los Santos, to be fired.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 647
- online: 106
- total: 5853994