New York, January 11 (RHC)-- Activists around the United States rallied in Boston; Washington, D.C.; San Francisco; Minneapolis; Portland, Maine; Newark, New Jersey; and more than a dozen other U.S. cities for #DayofDenial protests to demand the Senate refuse to confirm Trump nominees former ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson for secretary of state, former Texas Governor Rick Perry for energy secretary, Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt for head of the Environmental Protection Agency and Montana Congress member Ryan Zinke for interior secretary.
The day of action was organized by 350.org and demanded the Senate refuse to confirm the nominees on the basis that the men have denied the human impact on climate change.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2435
- online: 211
- total: 6653500