New York, January 19 (RHC)-- In the U.S., Donald Trump’s inaugural committee said it has raised more than $100 million from private donors and corporations, nearly doubling the previous record set by President Barack Obama.
Among major contributors are oil giant Chevron, with a half-million dollars; weapons and aerospace company Boeing with a $1 million donation; and casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, who reportedly cut a check for $5 million.
Big donors will have a chance to meet privately with top Trump administration officials, with a black-tie "Chairman’s Global Dinner" planned for this week, a Thursday candlelight dinner with the Trump family and special VIP tickets at Friday’s swearing-in ceremony and inaugural balls.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 620
- online: 94
- total: 6041452