Washington, January 31 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has elevated chief strategist Steven Bannon to a top national security role, while downgrading the roles of the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The move adds Bannon to the "principals committee" of the National Security Council -- a role usually filled by the secretaries of state and defense and senior intelligence officials.
Steven Bannon is the former head of right-wing Breitbart Media, a haven for the white nationalist movement.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4171
- online: 211
- total: 6664988