New York, February 1 (RHC)-- More than 200 Jewish studies scholars across the United States have signed on to a letter demanding lawmakers block Trump’s executive order, making a comparison between the refugee ban today and the United States' history of refusing to allow Jewish refugees to escape to the U.S. during World War II.
The letter was sent to Congress as Democratic senators tried and failed to push through legislation to rescind Trump’s executive order. Senate Democrats have held a candlelight vigil outside the Supreme Court in Washington, D.C., where thousands gathered to oppose Trump’s policies.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3453
- online: 197
- total: 4103649