New York, February 1 (RHC)-- More than 200 Jewish studies scholars across the United States have signed on to a letter demanding lawmakers block Trump’s executive order, making a comparison between the refugee ban today and the United States' history of refusing to allow Jewish refugees to escape to the U.S. during World War II.
The letter was sent to Congress as Democratic senators tried and failed to push through legislation to rescind Trump’s executive order. Senate Democrats have held a candlelight vigil outside the Supreme Court in Washington, D.C., where thousands gathered to oppose Trump’s policies.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 4092
- online: 101
- total: 4935865