San Juan, February 10 (RHC)-- Longtime Puerto Rican independence activist Oscar López Rivera returned to Puerto Rico on Thursday to serve the remainder of his sentence, which was commuted by outgoing President Barack Obama. His official date of clemency is May 17.
Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez confirmed Thursday that López Rivera had been moved from a prison in Terre Haute, Indiana. A spokesperson said in a statement that López Rivera had led a small delegation on a flight that originated in Indianapolis, routed through Charlotte, and landed last night in San Juan.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3486
- today: 864
- online: 110
- total: 5654355