San Juan, February 10 (RHC)-- Longtime Puerto Rican independence activist Oscar López Rivera returned to Puerto Rico on Thursday to serve the remainder of his sentence, which was commuted by outgoing President Barack Obama. His official date of clemency is May 17.
Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez confirmed Thursday that López Rivera had been moved from a prison in Terre Haute, Indiana. A spokesperson said in a statement that López Rivera had led a small delegation on a flight that originated in Indianapolis, routed through Charlotte, and landed last night in San Juan.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 1029
- online: 177
- total: 3849642