San Juan, February 10 (RHC)-- Longtime Puerto Rican independence activist Oscar López Rivera returned to Puerto Rico on Thursday to serve the remainder of his sentence, which was commuted by outgoing President Barack Obama. His official date of clemency is May 17.
Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez confirmed Thursday that López Rivera had been moved from a prison in Terre Haute, Indiana. A spokesperson said in a statement that López Rivera had led a small delegation on a flight that originated in Indianapolis, routed through Charlotte, and landed last night in San Juan.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3491
- today: 1901
- online: 114
- total: 4467878