San Juan, February 10 (RHC)-- Longtime Puerto Rican independence activist Oscar López Rivera returned to Puerto Rico on Thursday to serve the remainder of his sentence, which was commuted by outgoing President Barack Obama. His official date of clemency is May 17.
Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez confirmed Thursday that López Rivera had been moved from a prison in Terre Haute, Indiana. A spokesperson said in a statement that López Rivera had led a small delegation on a flight that originated in Indianapolis, routed through Charlotte, and landed last night in San Juan.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 1806
- online: 130
- total: 5438528