Managua, October 7 (RHC)-- Nicaragua's Foreign Minister Samuel Santos is meeting today in Managua with the European Union's Development Commissioner Andris Piebalgs in order to keep talks on an economic cooperation program with the European bloc for the 2014-2020 period of time.
Piebalgs and his team arrived Saturday in Managua to also address ongoing projects. He told reporters that the peace and security prevailing in Nicaragua provides a trusted ambiance to implement cooperation plans.
On Sunday, the European official signed a bilateral agreement with the Nicaraguan police, estimated at 10 million Euroes to finance actions in the areas of drug prevention and control and organized crime.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 3448
- online: 110
- total: 4931151