U.S. Government Office Says Trump Counselor Violated Ethics Rules with "Free Commercial" for Ivanka Products
Washington, February 16 (RHC)-- The U.S. Office of Government Ethics says counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway committed a "clear violation" of federal ethics rules when she used a TV appearance on "Fox & Friends" last week to market merchandise sold by President Trump’s daughter, Ivanka.
Office of Government Ethics Director Walter Shaub called on the White House to investigate Conway and consider disciplining her. Last Thursday, following Conway’s "free commercial" on "Fox & Friends," Conway told CNN she spoke to Trump, and he stands behind her "100 percent."
Conway is also under fire after BuzzFeed reported Conway tweeted "Love you" to an apparent white nationalist on Valentine’s Day. The Twitter user "Lib Hypocrisy" has a bio that reads "Hate anti-American liberals, Marxists and Commies. #White Identity, #Nationalist." It also includes an image of Pepe the Frog, which the Anti-Defamation League has classified as a hate symbol.
Lib Hypocrisy tweeted at Conway on Valentine's Day: "Your strength and resiliency in face of vile hatred, bigotry, & sexism of the unhinged Left is a daily inspiration. Love you!" Conway re-tweeted the message and added: "Love you back."
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 3396
- online: 128
- total: 4477076