Bangkok, January 23 (RHC)-- Thailand has declared a state of emergency in the capital Bangkok amid continued protests against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.
Thousands of demonstrators have set up encampments and blocked roads in a bid to force Yingluck’s departure and replace her with an unelected "people’s council." Yingluck has called a snap election for early next month which she is expected to win.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2873
- today: 1724
- online: 152
- total: 5555713