Washington, March 3 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump reportedly wants to give Defense Secretary James Mattis and top military officials a freer hand to launch military raids overseas without presidential approval.
According to The Daily Beast, the move could give wide latitude to generals to launch operations like the raid in Yemen that cost the life of a Navy SEAL and killed 25 civilians, including nine children under the age of 13.
President Trump told a joint session of Congress on Tuesday the Yemen raid captured "large amounts" of vital intelligence that would prevent future terrorist attacks. But NBC News reports that multiple military sources said the raid produced "no actionable intelligence."
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2877
- today: 1644
- online: 148
- total: 5851938