Washington, March 3 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump reportedly wants to give Defense Secretary James Mattis and top military officials a freer hand to launch military raids overseas without presidential approval.
According to The Daily Beast, the move could give wide latitude to generals to launch operations like the raid in Yemen that cost the life of a Navy SEAL and killed 25 civilians, including nine children under the age of 13.
President Trump told a joint session of Congress on Tuesday the Yemen raid captured "large amounts" of vital intelligence that would prevent future terrorist attacks. But NBC News reports that multiple military sources said the raid produced "no actionable intelligence."
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 3000
- online: 132
- total: 6144151