Quito, March 15 (RHC-Xinhua), -- Ecuador's ruling party presidential candidate Lenin Moreno has now 15-point lead over rival Guillermo Lasso as the April 2 runoff is coming near, a poll showed on Tuesday.
According to pollster Perfiles de Opinion, some 51 percent of those surveyed said they favored Moreno, versus 36 percent for Lasso.
State news agency Andes hailed the poll results, reporting that "87 percent of the population has decided on which of the two tickets to vote for ... with a 15-point advantage for Moreno over Lasso."
Moreno won the first-round vote on Feb. 19, but fell just short of the 40 percent of the ballots needed to secure a win and avoid a runoff.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3541
- today: 1096
- online: 121
- total: 5760461