Quito, March 15 (RHC-Xinhua), -- Ecuador's ruling party presidential candidate Lenin Moreno has now 15-point lead over rival Guillermo Lasso as the April 2 runoff is coming near, a poll showed on Tuesday.
According to pollster Perfiles de Opinion, some 51 percent of those surveyed said they favored Moreno, versus 36 percent for Lasso.
State news agency Andes hailed the poll results, reporting that "87 percent of the population has decided on which of the two tickets to vote for ... with a 15-point advantage for Moreno over Lasso."
Moreno won the first-round vote on Feb. 19, but fell just short of the 40 percent of the ballots needed to secure a win and avoid a runoff.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 19
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 19
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- RHC's national and international news stories August-16
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August 15
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3443
- today: 1813
- online: 141
- total: 6266386