UN Syria Envoy Staffan de Mistura
Geneva, March 24 (RHC-Xinhua), -- UN Syria envoy Staffan de Mistura on Friday held bilateral discussions with rival Syrian delegations involved in the latest round of peace talks seeking to broker a political end to the six-year Syrian crisis.
Alessandra Vellucci, the spokesperson of United Nations Office in Geneva, confirmed that de Mistura is slated to convene with the Syrian government delegation and its opposition counterpart as UN-mediated negotiations resumed after a three-week hiatus.
The envoy's deputy held preliminary discussions with the invitees in three Geneva-based hotels Thursday.
All those who participated in the latest round of discussions, which ended earlier this month, are carrying forward the talks which are expected to focus on governance, constitutional issues, elections, as well as counter terrorism, security and confidence building measures.
The special envoy is expected to brief the press later on Friday.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3453
- online: 194
- total: 4103649