Washington, March 27 (RHC-Xinhua) -- Multiple suspects are still at large after firing shots early Sunday morning in a packed nightclub in Cincinnati, a major city in the mid-east U.S. state of Ohio, leading to one death, one in "extremely critical condition" and another 15 injured, local police said.
According to Cincinnati police Chief Eliot Isaac, so far no arrests have been made.
The investigation is ongoing, City Mayor John Cranley said.
According to Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black, the conflict is believed to have begun between specific groups or individuals earlier in the day, escalating and ultimately leading to the tragedy occurring at the nightclub.
Cincinnati Assistant Police Chief Paul Neudigate said that the police do not suspect this action as terrorism.
Hundreds of people were inside when the gunfire occurred in the Cameo nightclub after 1:00 a.m. local time (0600 GMT) on Sunday, Neudigate told the local WLWT TV station.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 716
- online: 128
- total: 5030987