British Prime Minister Theresa May
London, April 19 (RHC)-- British Prime Minister Theresa May has announced she'll call for early elections, shocking the country as she tries to secure a stronger mandate for the controversial plan for Britain to leave the European Union, known as Brexit.
Prime Minister Theresa May said: "Our opponents believe, because the government's majority is so small, that our resolve will weaken and that they can force us to change course. They are wrong. They underestimate our determination to get the job done. And I am not prepared to let them endanger the security of millions of working people across the country, because what they are doing jeopardizes the work we must do to prepare for Brexit at home, and it weakens the government's negotiating position in Europe."
The early elections are set for June 8th. Prime Minister May officially initiated the 2-year Brexit process last month.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 278
- online: 219
- total: 3834248