Venezuelan Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez
Caracas, April 26 (RHC)-- Venezuelan Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez says that if there is a meeting of foreign ministers of the Organization of American States that does not have the backing of the Venezuelan government, she has received instructions from President Nicolas Maduro to initiate the withdrawal of Venezuela from that organization.
The top Venezuelan diplomat said: "We are not going to continue allowing arbitrary decisions, to follow a coalition of governments with a known ideological political bias against Venezuela." She spoke during a telephone interview with the teleSUR program, "Dossier."
Delcy Rodriguez referred to a meeting of the Permanent Council of the Organization of American States to discuss Venezuela, which violates the rules of the organization because it does not have the consent of the affected country.
She explained that within the OAS there is a majority of countries that have positions of respect for Venezuela and have prevented the development of a plan of isolation against the nation. However, Rodriguez indicated that there is also a group of countries with right-wing governments, working under U.S. imperialist orders, against Venezuela.
The diplomat said her country has denounced "the serious pressure exerted by the U.S. against sister countries," such as Haiti, which the U.S. government has threatened with budgetary measures.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 3378
- online: 225
- total: 3837348