Brussels, April 29 (RHC-Agencies) -- The 27 European Union (EU) countries' leaders adopted unanimously the guidelines on Brexit negotiations with Britain, European Council President Donald Tusk said Saturday.
After the bloc's first summit since Britain triggered the Article 50 last month, Tusk tweeted: "Guidelines adopted unanimously. EU27 firm and fair political mandate for the Brexit talks is ready."
"EU27 adopt Article 50 Guidelines in less than 15 minutes," European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker also said on his twitter account.
According to the European Council guidelines for Brexit negotiations, throughout the negotiations the EU will maintain unity and act as one with the aim of reaching a result that is "fair and equitable for all member states and in the interest of its citizens."
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 5127
- online: 191
- total: 6665944