San Salvador, May 2 (RHC-PL)-- The foreign ministers of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) are discussing the situation in Venezuela at an emergency meeting convened by the Bolivarian government.
Venezuela has recently withdrawn from the Organization of American States (OAS) for its interventionist escalation, and called for the extraordinary meeting of CELAC in El Salvador, the pro-tempore president of the regional organization.
Prior to the start of the meeting Salvadoran Foreign Minister Hugo Martinez said that many members from the bloc of 33 countries confirmed their participation. He said that others excused themselves because of agenda problems, although all expressed their interest in contributing to the dialogue process in Venezuela.
- Protest in Havana against Trump's Jerusalem Move
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part I)
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 3292
- online: 237
- total: 4090492