Ramallah, May 23 (RHC)-- Palestinians across the West Bank and Gaza have launched a general strike to protest U.S. President Donald Trump’s visit and to show solidarity with Palestinian prisoners currently on hunger strike in Israeli jails.
On Monday, President Trump sat down with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. While speaking to reporters alongside Netanyahu, Trump denied naming Israel as the source of the highly classified intelligence that he gave to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak earlier this month -- even though no one has accused Trump of naming Israel directly as the source.
Trump also implied that Israel was not located in the Middle East, while speaking just before meeting with Israeli President Reuven Rivlin. As Trump made the comment, Israeli Ambassador to the United States, Ron Dermer, can be seen burying his face in his hands.
Also on Monday, Trump became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the Western Wall in the Old City of Jerusalem, land that was seized from the Palestinians by the Israeli military during the Six-Day War in 1967.
Tonight, Trump is flying to the Vatican, where he’s slated to meet with Pope Francis on Wednesday.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 1719
- online: 131
- total: 4479308