Vatican City, May 24 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump continues his first foreign trip as president, meeting with Pope Francis at the Vatican on Wednesday morning.
Photos show an apparently cheery President Trump standing beside the glum-looking pope. The White House pool report reads: "The Pope did not say anything. He did not smile. We were quickly ushered out at 8:33 a.m."
Pope Francis has been highly critical of Trump, once saying: "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian."
On Thursday, Trump is slated to meet with French President Emmanuel Macron and European Union officials in Brussels.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 2337
- online: 125
- total: 5043501