Vatican City, May 24 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump continues his first foreign trip as president, meeting with Pope Francis at the Vatican on Wednesday morning.
Photos show an apparently cheery President Trump standing beside the glum-looking pope. The White House pool report reads: "The Pope did not say anything. He did not smile. We were quickly ushered out at 8:33 a.m."
Pope Francis has been highly critical of Trump, once saying: "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian."
On Thursday, Trump is slated to meet with French President Emmanuel Macron and European Union officials in Brussels.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 630
- online: 125
- total: 5545054