Argentina's Foreign Minister Susana Malcorra
Buenos Aires, May 31 (RHC)-- Argentina's Foreign Minister Susana Malcorra has resigned, President Mauricio Macri has announced, stating that the politician was leaving the country for Spain for personal reasons.
"Our foreign minister is leaving us, not the team but as foreign minister, for personal reasons," Macri said during a press conference. "It's hard to find in history a foreign minister like Susana."
Malcorra is set to continue advising the government from Spain, according to cabinet chief Marcos Peña, as the Argentinian president and his neo-liberal policies come under attack by growing protests.
Argentina's Ambassador to France Jorge Faurie will reportedly replace Malcorra as foreign minister.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 912
- online: 114
- total: 4470659