Washington, June 16 (RHC)-- On Capitol Hill, the U.S. Senate has voted 53 to 47 to approve the sale of $500 million in precision-guided munitions to Saudi Arabia.
A surprising number of senators voted against the deal, amid increasing concerns about the U.S.-backed, Saudi-led war in Yemen, which has killed more than 10,000 people and included devastating attacks on civilians that human rights groups say may constitute war crimes.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3579
- today: 3071
- online: 141
- total: 6508591