Boston, June 27 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of Massachusetts, 98-year-old activist Frances Crowe and seven others were arrested blockading construction of a Kinder Morgan gas pipeline in the Otis State Forest.
Activists helped push Crowe to the construction site in her wheelchair, where they then held a mock funeral for fossil fuels.
Crowe is a longtime peace and antinuclear activist. This is her third arrest since she turned 90 years old. When asked how many times she’d been arrested throughout her lifetime, Francis Crowe answered: "Not Enough."
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 1172
- online: 181
- total: 4101368