Boston, June 27 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of Massachusetts, 98-year-old activist Frances Crowe and seven others were arrested blockading construction of a Kinder Morgan gas pipeline in the Otis State Forest.
Activists helped push Crowe to the construction site in her wheelchair, where they then held a mock funeral for fossil fuels.
Crowe is a longtime peace and antinuclear activist. This is her third arrest since she turned 90 years old. When asked how many times she’d been arrested throughout her lifetime, Francis Crowe answered: "Not Enough."
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3491
- today: 2811
- online: 166
- total: 4468788