Boston, June 27 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of Massachusetts, 98-year-old activist Frances Crowe and seven others were arrested blockading construction of a Kinder Morgan gas pipeline in the Otis State Forest.
Activists helped push Crowe to the construction site in her wheelchair, where they then held a mock funeral for fossil fuels.
Crowe is a longtime peace and antinuclear activist. This is her third arrest since she turned 90 years old. When asked how many times she’d been arrested throughout her lifetime, Francis Crowe answered: "Not Enough."
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 516
- online: 181
- total: 3853340