Boston, June 27 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of Massachusetts, 98-year-old activist Frances Crowe and seven others were arrested blockading construction of a Kinder Morgan gas pipeline in the Otis State Forest.
Activists helped push Crowe to the construction site in her wheelchair, where they then held a mock funeral for fossil fuels.
Crowe is a longtime peace and antinuclear activist. This is her third arrest since she turned 90 years old. When asked how many times she’d been arrested throughout her lifetime, Francis Crowe answered: "Not Enough."
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2859
- online: 127
- total: 4934632